HSC was started early in 1965 at the old swimming pool in Parsonage Street. The founder members were Maisie Randall and Johnny Newport. Our President, Gordon Finch, became involved in 1973 and has been with the club ever since. The swimming pool was built as a dye tank for the Coutaulds factory in 1914 and later given to the people of Halstead as a Public Bath. We fought for many years to get a new pool and finally moved to our present home in 2004.Letter from the president
Many of our swimmers after progressing through the various squads continue to support the club by becoming coaches and officials. Our Head Coach Roger is a good example of this!
HSC is affiliated to Swim England, East Region. The club holds a constitution; this is a set of rules based on a model constitution from Swim England. The HSC Constitution was updated at the AGM, held on 25th January. A copy of which can be found under the noticeboard page of this website or on the board at the pool.